Distribution fulfillment services present one of the biggest challenges to eCommerce and online retail brands. Why? Because as these brands grow and take on higher order volume and increasing customer demand, it’s easy for distribution and fulfillment capabilities to spiral out of control, creating a variety of back-end problems, such as:
• Declining operational efficiency in warehouse and fulfillment centers.
• Increasing business and production costs.
• More order fulfillment errors and a greater number of returns.
Luckily, these problems can be avoided. Partnering with an experienced 3PL relieves the burden of coordinating fulfillment and logistics, allowing you to focus on the strategic direction of your company.
Benefits of Partnering with a 3PL Provider for Distribution Fulfillment Services
Optimized distribution and fulfillment is a characteristic that defines successful online retailers and eCommerce brands. You simply can’t afford to risk it with below-average fulfillment techniques and strategies – doing so can seriously impair your company’s performance. Outsourcing your distribution fulfillment services to a team of 3PL professionals allows your brand to access top-tier logistics practices. These are just some of the benefits of working with a seasoned partner:
- Better Order Accuracy – It’s no secret that order accuracy is crucial for online retailers. Customers expect to receive their merchandise on time and as described. Your fulfillment partner should have the capabilities to maintain order accuracy levels above 99 percent. Consistently maintaining this number builds a good reputation with customers, increasing the chance they turn into repeat buyers.
- Relationships with Carriers – Negotiating crate space and price with shipment carriers is tricky. Prices fluctuate based on the time of year and demand for space, which can easily drive your shipment costs through the roof. But an experienced 3PL partner will already have relationships with a variety of carriers, including NVOCCs. They’ll be in a better position to negotiate crate space on your behalf for an annual fixed price.
- Up-to-the-Minute Metrics – Confident, agile decision-making depends on your access to timely and accurate information. Staying on top of distribution fulfillment services is much easier when your 3PL partner uses reporting tools that provide real-time metrics. You’ll gain insight into metrics like number of orders dispatched, current inventory, warehouse product levels and more.
Optimize Your Distribution Fulfillment Services Today
At Dotcom Distribution, we understand the role that fulfillment plays in the overall health of your business. That’s why we act as an extension of your company, providing top-tier logistics, fulfillment and distribution capabilities. Our 3PL services enable you to streamline back-end processes and continuously provide the best possible experience for your customers.
Interested in learning more about our distribution fulfillment services? Contact us today to get started.