New opportunities for eCommerce growth constantly emerge. Unfortunately, it’s much easier said than done. As popular as online retail is with consumers, eCommerce companies are not immune to growth and revenue difficulties.
Common Problems Faced by eCommerce Brands
In a highly competitive industry like online retail, it’s common for eCommerce brands to occasionally encounter growth challenges. Common obstacles online retailers face include:
- Competitive Shipping Fees – Larger retailers are able to offer overnight, two-day and free shipping.
- Going Head-to-Head With Manufacturers – As online sales skyrocket, many manufacturers have launched their own eCommerce sites to sell products directly to consumers.
- Creating a Branded Experience – Without a physical store location, it’s difficult for online retailers to create meaningful shopping experiences that keep customers coming back. For more tips on driving customer loyalty, read our 2016 packaging study.
How to Spur Your Brand’s eCommerce Growth
If you’ve hit a growth plateau, don’t worry. There are a few things you can do to breathe new life into your eCommerce business:
- Invest in Kitting and Assembly – Don’t let the fact that you’re an online retailer stop you from making a lasting impression on customers. Invest in kitting and assembly services to create custom brand boxes. Unique, well-designed packaging goes a long way with consumers, and is far more special than a plain brown box.
- Take a Closer Look at Logistics – A robust logistics strategy is the cornerstone of successful eCommerce brands – and a lax strategy could be the reason for slow eCommerce growth. There’s never a bad time to revisit your logistics strategy and identify areas for improvement. A closer look at your current logistics management plan could reveal some shortcomings, allowing you to make adjustments as needed.
- Consider Venture Capital Funding – Venture capital firms have invested more in eCommerce than any other sector. Why not get on board with funding? Working with an established VC firm is a great way to acquire additional funds, which you can use for things like technology upgrades, marketing and more.
Sustain eCommerce Growth With Dotcom Distribution
The sheer number of companies in the eCommerce market can be daunting, especially if you feel like you aren’t capturing your share of the market. But disappointment shouldn’t cause you to run from the competition. You need to an edge.
Dotcom Distribution is here to help.
The go-to choice among strategic logistics and fulfillment partners, Dotcom Distribution is dedicated to helping you achieve the eCommerce growth you’ve been chasing.
Get ready to stand out in the eCommerce crowd. To get started, contact us today.