Selling more is always a challenge, especially in the competitive retail landscape. It can be helpful to take advantage of a diverse range of distribution channels. Why? Because channel expansion creates opportunities to reach new customers, build brand recognition and increase profits.
Expanding Your Distribution Channels
When brands want to sell more products, they often need to expand their customer base. Instead of trying to bring the consumer to you, what if you make your product readily available to the consumer no matter where they shop?
Many retailers don’t consider the positive effects that expanding their distribution channels can have on business.
- Drive Profits – When you increase the number of channels, you gain opportunities to sell more of your products to both new and existing customers. You’re also able to develop new target markets and identify key consumers you’d like to reach through previously unexplored channels.
- Build Greater Brand Awareness – The more available you make your products to consumers, the better your ability to generate buzz around your brand. By continuing to meet consumer demand and expectations across all channels, you can continue to build positive brand sentiment among consumers.
- Reduce Market Risks – Selling through just one channel is a risky game. Profits can rise – and fall – based on that one channel alone. When you harness multiple distribution and fulfillment channels, you spread market risks across multiple customer venues. Your business won’t go into free fall if one channel isn’t performing well, especially if other channels are performing better than expected.
Developing a new distribution strategy can ultimately be an effective way to increase business. However, distribution across multiple channels can prove to be more harmful than helpful if it isn’t managed properly.
Effectively Managing Your Distribution Channels
There are several elements that go into a robust multichannel distribution strategy – most of which can be overwhelming for brands to handle on their own. When you partner with an experienced, hands-on distribution provider, you don’t have to worry about the details that can jeopardize the achievement of important business goals.
- Brand Packaging – Your distribution partner should develop unique, customized brand packaging that goes beyond the simple brown box.
- Shipping – Conveniently located warehouses should make for speedy and streamlined shipping services.
- Stock and Inventory Management – Armed with the right tools, your distribution provider can manage all inventory and stock processes.
- Decision Support – With in-depth reports, your team will always have access to current and pending order statuses, product inventory and more.
Dotcom Distribution: Your Trusted Partner in Expanding Distribution Channels
Dotcom Distribution is a strategic eCommerce distribution and fulfillment provider dedicated to helping your brand take advantage of new channel and market opportunities. Our facilities, systems, and processes are designed to help brands grow their customer base and explore new selling opportunities.
To learn more about how Dotcom Distribution can help you develop an effective strategy for exploring new distribution channels, contact us today.