For eCommerce brands, proper logistics management techniques are essential to meet high order demand and fulfillment needs. Consistent, improved efficiency of logistics processes helps brands gain a competitive edge in a crowded eCommerce marketplace and maintain positive customer sentiment.
3 Techniques to Help Retailers Achieve Better Logistics Management
When it comes to improving logistics processes, online retailers need solutions that are cost-effective, efficient and lead to an increase in customer satisfaction and repeat consumers. There are several moving pieces to practical fulfillment and logistics management, but these three techniques can help eCommerce brands achieve a greater level of logistics efficiency.
- Make Use of Warehouse Space – When brands take advantage of available warehouse space, products can be stored and shipped from one or more central locations. This makes it easier to manage inventory and ship items to consumers in a timely fashion. For the best results, it’s beneficial to deploy a team of warehouse personnel to keep track of things like inventory management and productivity insights
- Leverage Several Shipping Methods – Shipping costs are constantly fluctuating, and can vary based on a number of factors. But brands are still responsible for shipments reaching customers on time and as described. To guarantee top-tier shipping services, brands should work with a number of shipping providers, and leverage various transportation methods, including ground, air and sea crate. Forging relationships with shipping providers can help brands stay on top of rising shipping costs and customer expectations.
- Take Advantage of Logistics Software – Logistics management software connects eCommerce employees in the front office to warehouse personnel and staff on the main floor. Departments can share important information with each other in real-time, ensuring brands receive real-time updates on incoming and outgoing shipments, product inventory levels and more. Since logistics software streamlines warehouse operations, personnel and management are freed up to handle other tasks.
Better logistics management should be a top-of-mind concern for growth-minded eCommerce brands. Improved logistics can lead to increased productivity, higher sales volume and ultimately, more satisfied customers.
Logistics Management, Made Simple
Dotcom Distribution has the experience, resources and personnel to help eCommerce and online retailers better manage logistics and successfully grow their brands. Our services include:
- Precise inventory management
- Domestic and international shipping
- Branding and packaging
- Scalable order fulfillment
In today’s fast-paced, multi-channel retail environment, we understand how important a robust logistics program is to the success and health of your brand.
Do you have the strategies in place to compete effectively? To learn more about Dotcom Distribution’s services, contact us today.