The right eCommerce order management techniques can make or break your online retail brand. After all, successfully managing eCommerce practices means you’re better able to accept and fulfill customer orders.
On the flip side, poor eCommerce order management leads to a backend mess: inaccurate order fulfillment, delayed shipments and unhappy customers that are left with a sour taste in their mouth and less-than-favorable brand perception. Fortunately, you can easily avoid these problems. You just need the right approach.
Key Tips on the Road to Better eCommerce Order Management
The growth of your eCommerce brand is directly tied to your eCommerce order management strategy. It can seem like a tricky field to navigate, but focusing on a few key elements of your eCommerce processes can help:
- Real-Time Inventory Tracking. Keeping accurate inventory is crucial. Real-time visibility enables you to maintain your eCommerce site with the most up-to-date information. It’s also an excellent tool for managing warehouse inventory levels. You’re better able to stock just the right number of products, avoiding too much or too little inventory of items.
- Know the Velocity of Goods. Velocity of goods refers to how quickly a product sells after it’s stocked in your warehouse. Better understanding your inventory velocity leads to more informed product purchasing decisions. For example, if a product was ordered and hasn’t sold any units in a few months, you can remove remaining items, and replace it with a more popular product that customers love and sells out quickly. That way, you’re making good use of valuable (and limited) warehouse space.
- Don’t Skimp on Reports. Your eCommerce order management strategy always has room to grow. In-depth, granular reports provide comprehensive analytics that demonstrate how well certain areas of your business are performing. With insights gleaned from metrics like average number of orders placed, orders in process, shipping costs, yearly profit margins and more, you’re able to more accurately determine the areas of your business that could use some tweaking.
Your eCommerce Order Mangagement is About to Get a Major Upgrade
Effective eCommerce order management is a puzzle. Each individual piece needs to come together to create a clear picture.
That’s where Dotcom Distribution comes in.
We understand order management for online retailers like no other. Using a thoughtful, careful mix of seasoned industry personnel and the latest warehouse solutions, we optimize eCommerce management for your brand.
Our suite of capabilities includes:
- Up-to-the-minute Inventory Tracking
- Automated Restocking Updates
- Real-time, Shareable Reports and Analytics
To learn more about why Dotcom Distribution is your go-to partner for stronger eCommerce order management, contact us today.