Morale across the facility remains good, with a shared sense of deliberate urgency across all departments. In fact, we have recruited enough associates to be able to open the facility on Saturday with the goal of catching up on some of the week’s volume.
Overall labor is still lighter than hoped for although attendance was modestly up again today, compared to yesterday. While we hope for this attendance trend to continue over time, we are working towards a labor-contingent, daily shipping plan that can be further discussed with your Program Manager so you can adjust your customer’s delivery expectations in response to fulfillment times and downstream carrier delays.
In the meantime we continue our efforts to incentivize our workers and attract new associates. As always, we appreciate your understanding and we continue to do our best with the workers who process your orders each day in this volatile labor market. Again, if you’ve asked us to prioritize orders, know that our warehouse teams have been made aware of these requests and are doing what they can to accommodate them. Apart from any special requests or aging guidelines, our focus each day is to prioritize orders on a first in / first out approach.
Coronavirus Bills to Help Small And Midsize Businesses
Follow this link to an article that usefully describes the loans and other elements of the CARES Act.
Dotcom Partner Brands Giving Back
- Dotcom thanks Drop for donating a significant amount of fabric that has been used to sew masks for all of our warehouse associates!
- Virtue Labs has a fundraiser on GoFundMe for hairstylists and salon employees who have been impacted by the economic fallout from Coronavirus. Click here to make a donation.
- Thank you to all of our partners who are now paying by ACH. This is a safer and speedier process to use. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today If you haven’t yet set up electronic payment.
- If you’re considering the possibility of holding some of your product in your location as a contingency, contact your PM to discuss an inventory transfer.
- Dotcom can help if your FBA sales channel is impacted. We are currently shipping all product categories.
- When your forecast volume changes, please let us know by contacting your Program Manager as soon as possible to help us manage the labor that will be in the warehouse.
- Due to retailers closing and other related market events, we’re receiving a significant number of order cancellation tickets in Jira. Thank you for your continued patience while we work through this ticket volume. Some of our staff currently working from home are highly focused on Jira and are doing their best to address tickets as quickly as possible.
Carrier Updates & Service Alerts
- We continue to arrange with each carrier to adjust their pickup schedules according to our modified shifts.
- We are continuing to monitor all carriers for any additional changes to their services, pickup times, and destination restrictions during this very fluid period. For the most up to date service alerts, check your carrier’s website for any service changes:
- We will note important changes as we learn them, including:
- UPS & FedEx both carriers have suspended their service guarantees until further notice.
Support Your Fellow Brands
- Adika – Take 40% – 80% off everything at adika.com
- Elemis- enjoy a free gift with purchases over $30 at elemis.com/us.
- Milk Makeup – Here’s some inside news: Milk Makeup will be offering a discount on a $35 minimum purchase from Friday 4/3 through midnight 4/6. https://www.milkmakeup.com/
- Petite Studio – 20% off sitewide. Includes office wear collections and casual Spring collection at petitestudionyc.com through 5 April.
- SiriusXM – Free Ground Shipping on all orders at shop.siriusxm.com through 4/30/20 with promo code APR20SHIP.
- Zadig & Voltaire – Up to 30% off items through when code CARE30 is used at www.zadig-et-voltaire.com through 5 April. 10% of sales will be donated to The Red Cross when the code is used at checkout, also through 5 April.
We thank you for being a valued Dotcom Distribution partner brand. We hope that you continue to stay healthy and well during this unprecedented era.