Dotcom’s facility was open and operational today, Tuesday, 31 March, after being given a deep cleaning on Monday. As a result, the day was spent coming back up online and working through the heavy volume.
In fact, direct-to-consumer volume was 500% higher today than typical volumes for this time of the year. We are working through the volume accordingly, prioritizing aging across the currently limited labor pool. To better understand the ship plan against your current and planned volume please contact your Program Manager. Likewise, please use this information as guidance to manage the expectations of your customers regarding fulfillment times.
As previously mentioned, we continue with our efforts to responsibly attract new workers without simultaneously flooding our facility with too many unfamiliar faces. We have also introduced incentives, such as Hazard Pay, to retain key operations management and experienced associates during this extraordinary time. While our goal is to make a meaningful impact on volume throughout the week, the impact of the previously announced COVID-19 event within our facility is expected to continue to negatively impact labor levels for now.
Thank you to all of our partners who are now paying by ACH. This is a safer and speedier process to use. If you haven’t yet set up electronic payment, contact email@example.com today.
Dotcom Partner Brands Giving Back
- Dotcom thanks Drop for donating a significant amount of fabric that will be used to sew masks together for all of our warehouse associates.
- Virtue Labs has started a fundraiser on Gofundme for hairstylists and salon employees who have been impacted by the economic fallout from Coronavirus. Click here to make a donation.
- Are you considering the possibility of holding some of your product in your location as a contingency? Please contact your PM to arrange an inventory transfer.
- Dotcom can help if your FBA sales channel is impacted. We are currently shipping all product categories..
- When your forecast volume changes, please let us know by contacting your Program Manager as soon as possible to help us manage the labor that will be in the warehouse.
- Due to retailers closing and other related market events, we’re receiving a significant number of order cancellation tickets in Jira. Thank you for your continued patience while we work through this ticket volume. Some of our staff currently working from home are highly focused on Jira and are doing their best to address tickets as quickly as possible.
Carrier Updates & Service Alerts
- We continue to arrange with each carrier to adjust their pickup schedules according to our modified shifts.
- We are continuing to monitor all carriers for any additional changes to their services, pickup times, and destination restrictions during this very fluid period. For the most up to date service alerts, check your carrier’s website for any service changes:
- We will note important changes as we learn them, including:
- UPS & FedEx both carriers have suspended their service guarantees until further notice.
Support Your Fellow Brands
- Adika – Take 30% – 80% off everything at adika.com
- Roller Rabbit – 30% off at rollerrabbit.com using code F&F30.
- Elemis- enjoy a free gift with purchases over $30 at elemis.com/us.
- Petite Studio – 20% off sitewide. Includes office wear collections and casual Spring collection at petitestudionyc.com through 31 March.
- Zadig & Voltaire – Up to 30% off items through when code CARE30 is used at www.zadig-et-voltaire.com through 5 April. 10% of sales will be donated to The Red Cross when the code is used at checkout, also through 5 April.
We thank you for being a valued Dotcom Distribution partner brand. We hope that you continue to stay healthy and well during this unprecedented era.