The past two weeks have been quite demanding for facility operations and all personnel. We appreciate that you are also facing similar challenges and we are grateful for your kind words. These have been conveyed to our workers whose presence is making a difference every day.
With that in mind, we are preparing for the week ahead with a better understanding of the ebb and flow of worker availability and forecast order flow during this time of great uncertainty. There are some unknowns about attracting labor should workers need to or choose to stay home, and that will be evaluated on a day-to-day basis.
Nevertheless, we’re confident that as we continue to work together we will soon welcome a day when we can return to a sense of normal business operations. In the meantime, because Dotcom pays our workers, and the shipping carriers, each week, it is imperative that remittances be on time in the mutual interest of maintaining our current operations schedule .
We will keep you updated when we have additional or new information that impacts our business and yours.
If you are not already paying Dotcom through ACH, please reach out to us at email@example.com to implement. With Dotcom’s office staff working remotely it remains difficult to receive and process check payments during this period. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Dotcom Partner Brands Giving Back
- Dotcom thanks Drop for donating a significant amount of fabric that will be used to sew masks together for all of our warehouse associates.
- Pause Well-Aging donated care packages for healthcare workers in New York and Virginia. Click here to learn more.
- Virtue Labs has started a fundraiser on Gofundme for hairstylists and salon employees who have been impacted by the economic fallout from Coronavirus. Click here to make a donation.
Jira Service Desk Tickets
Due to retailers closing and other related market events, we’re receiving a significant number of order cancellation tickets in Jira. Thank you for your continued patience while we work through this ticket volume. Some of our staff currently working from home are highly focused on Jira and are doing their best to address tickets as quickly as possible.
- Are you considering the possibility of holding some of your product in your location as a contingency? Please contact your PM to arrange an inventory transfer.
- With Amazon’s decision to shift focus to essential product receipts, Dotcom can help if your FBA sales channel is impacted, as we are currently shipping all categories of products.
- Is your volume continuing to change? If so, please let us know by contacting your Program Manager as soon as possible. We’re doing what we can to limit potential exposure of the virus among our employees and associates.
Carrier Updates & Service Alerts
- We continue to arrange with each carrier to adjust their pickup schedules according to our modified shifts.
- We are continuing to monitor all carriers for any additional changes to their services, pickup times, and destination restrictions during this very fluid period. For the most up to date service alerts, check your carrier’s website for any service changes:
- We will note important changes as we learn them, including:
- “Effective March 26, 2020 and until further notice, we have suspended the UPS Service Guarantee for all shipments to any destination at all service levels.”
- UPS: Effective 27 March, and until further notice, UPS Freight’s Service Guarantee for all LTL services from and to all locations is suspended, with the exception of UPS Freight Urgent Services.
- Effective Sunday, 5 April, and until further notice, “a temporary peak surcharge will be implemented on UPS Worldwide Express®(1), UPS Worldwide Express Freight®(2) and UPS Worldwide Expedited® shipments (3) originating from China Mainland and Hong Kong SAR to the Europe (4),U.S and America(5) regions.
- FedEx has posted about changes to their Signature Release policy, and information about a suspension of money back guarantees on their Service Alerts page.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd APC-Logistics will “implement a temporary pass-through airline surcharge.” Check their site for additional info at https://www.apc-pli.com/
- Canada Post and other countries have implemented revised delivery procedures for custom collections, signatures, etc. These are outlined on the USPS Alerts page.
Support Your Fellow Brands
- Roller Rabbit – 30% off at rollerrabbit.com using code F&F30.
- Zadig & Voltaire – Up to 30% off items through when code CARE30 is used at www.zadig-et-voltaire.com through 5 April. 10% of sales will be donated to The Red Cross when the code is used at checkout, also through 5 April.
- Elemis- enjoy a free gift with purchases over $30 at elemis.com/us.
- Homesick Candles – Free Shipping + Save 10%, We Donate 10% to Vulnerable Communities w/ Code TOGETHER at homesick.com.
- Adika – Take 40% – 80% off everything at adika.com
- Appaman – Buy One Get One 50% Off (Sale Merchandise only) and Free Shipping on all orders at appaman.com through 29 March.
- Petite Studio – 20% off sitewide. Includes office wear collections and casual Spring collection at petitestudionyc.com through 31 March.
- Pause Group – Ongoing promo offering 15% off your entire order when the code Welcome15 is used at checkout at pausewellaging.com
We thank you for being a valued Dotcom Distribution partner brand and send you wishes for good health.