We continue to do our best to handle every challenge that we are faced with as world events continue to unfold. Our teams, albeit smaller, are working hard to overachieve. In fact, pickers and packers yesterday set individual pace records when measured in terms of units picked and packed per hour by associate. We commend these team members for their continued dedication and commitment.
While we continue to limit facility access to mainly known and skilled warehouse associates, the downstream effect of well intended government unemployment stimulus is that workers can choose to self-isolate or stay home to care for family members. While we applaud these programs, the unintended consequence is that fewer skilled associates are reporting to work each day. While there is opportunity to bring in associates from the growing unemployed labor pool in our area, we are working to find the right balance between safety and productivity. We will continue to monitor this trend over the next week, make adjustments accordingly and in measured moderation.
Naturally we will welcome new associates as business situations dictate, however it is important to keep in mind that many will not immediately be able to perform tasks that require greater expertise, such as cycle counting, receiving, returns, and other skilled inventory related functions.
We will keep you updated as this situation evolves and better define the areas of our business, and yours, that may be impacted as a result.
Dotcom Partner Brands Giving Back
Virtue Labs has started a fundraiser on Gofundme for hairstylists and salon employees who have been impacted by the economic fallout from Coronavirus. Click here to make a donation.
Jira Service Desk Tickets
Due to retailers closing and other related market events, we’re receiving a significant number of order cancellation tickets in Jira. Thank you for your continued patience while we work through this ticket volume. Some of our staff currently working from home are highly focused on Jira and are doing their best to address tickets as quickly as possible.
If you are not already paying Dotcom through ACH, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to implement. With Dotcom’s office staff working remotely it remains difficult to receive and process check payments during this period. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- If your business is being impacted by store closures and you are shifting volume to eCommerce, please communicate changes directly with your Dotcom Program Manager.
- With Amazon’s decision to shift focus to essential product receipts, Dotcom can help if your FBA sales channel is impacted, as we are currently shipping all categories of products.
- Are you considering the possibility of holding some of your product in your location as a contingency? Please contact your PM to arrange an inventory transfer.
- Is your volume continuing to change? If so, please let us know by contacting your Program Manager as soon as possible. We’re doing what we can to limit potential exposure of the virus among our employees and associates.
Carrier Updates & Service Alerts
- We continue to arrange with each carrier to adjust their pickup schedules according to our modified shifts.
- We are continuing to monitor all carriers for any additional changes to their services, pickup times, and destination restrictions during this very fluid period. For the most up to date service alerts, check your carrier’s website for any service changes:
- We will note important changes as we learn them, including:
- Note that FedEx has posted about changes to their Signature Release policy, and information about a suspension of money back guarantees on their Service Alerts page.
- Effective Sunday, 5 April, and until further notice, “a temporary peak surcharge will be implemented on UPS Worldwide Express®(1), UPS Worldwide Express Freight®(2) and UPS Worldwide Expedited® shipments (3) originating from China Mainland and Hong Kong SAR to the Europe (4),U.S and America(5) regions.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd APC-Logistics will “implement a temporary pass-through airline surcharge.” Check their site for additional info at https://www.apc-pli.com/
- Canada Post and other countries have implemented revised delivery procedures for custom collections, signatures, etc. These are outlined on the USPS Alerts page.
Support Your Fellow Brands
- Roller Rabbit – 30% off at rollerrabbit.com using code F&F30.
- Zadig & Voltaire – Up to 30% off items when code CARE30 is used at www.zadig-et-voltaire.com. 10% of sales will be donated to The Red Cross when the code is used at checkout.
- Dormify- Get 25% off sitewide at dormify.com with code COZYUP.
- Elemis- enjoy a free gift with purchases over $30 at elemis.com/us.
- Homesick Candles – Free Shipping + Save 10%, We Donate 10% to Vulnerable Communities w/ Code TOGETHER at homesick.com.
- Adika – Take 40% – 80% off everything + free shipping for US orders over $25 at adika.com
- Appaman – Buy One Get One 50% Off (Sale Merchandise only) and Free Shipping on all orders at appaman.com
- Petite Studio – 20% off sitewide. Includes office wear collections and casual Spring collection at petitestudionyc.com
- Pause Group – Ongoing promo offering 15% off your entire order when the code Welcome15 is used at checkout at pausewellaging.com
Thank you for being a valued Dotcom Distribution partner brand. Stay safe and healthy.