Dotcom continued to operate effectively today, although we experienced slightly lower attendance throughout the facility. There continues to be growing concern regarding staffing as the uncertainty around the containment of the Coronavirus and its impact on business continues throughout the country.
All eCommerce, including Amazon, is now experiencing delays and we are starting to see a similar trend with the carriers as well. We ask for your continued patience as you reset expectations for both your own teams and your customers, based on this “new normal.”
Rest assured we are doing everything possible to stabilize the workforce, including increasing wages. We appreciate those of you who have suggested a temporary surcharge as a way to help attract and retain labor through this period. In the wake of Amazon’s labor rate increase and the temporary carrier surcharges, this is currently being explored as an option. As we are all in this together, once plans are finalized, we are certain that we will need your help to ensure the continued flow of orders.
In the meantime, we continue to work through the orders using a first-in-first-out methodology as we adjust daily to the evolving operational constraints.
Jira Service Desk Tickets
Due to retailers closing and other related market events, we’re receiving a significant number of order cancellation tickets in Jira. Thank you for your patience while we work through this volume. Some of our staff currently working from home are highly focused on Jira and are doing their best to address tickets as quickly as possible.
If you are not already paying Dotcom through ACH, please reach out to us at email@example.com to implement. With Dotcom’s office staff working remotely it will be difficult to receive and process check payments during this period. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- If your business is being impacted by store closures and you are shifting volume to eCommerce, please communicate changes directly with your Dotcom Program Manager.
- With Amazon’s decision to shift focus to essential product receipts, Dotcom can help if your FBA sales channel is impacted, as we are currently shipping all categories of products.
- Are you considering the possibility of holding some of your product in your location as a contingency? Please contact your PM to arrange an inventory transfer.
- Is your volume continuing to change? If so, please let us know by contacting your Program Manager as soon as possible. We’re doing what we can to limit potential exposure of the virus among our employees and associates.
Carrier Updates & Service Alerts
- We have arranged with each carrier to adjust their pickup schedules according to our modified shifts.
- We are continuing to monitor all carriers for any additional changes to their services, pickup times, and destination restrictions during this very fluid period. For the most up to date service alerts, check your carrier’s website for any service changes:
- We will note important changes as we learn them, including:
- Note that FedEx has posted about changes to their Signature Release policy, and information about a suspension of money back guarantees on their Service Alerts page.
- Effective Sunday, 5 April, and until further notice, “a temporary peak surcharge will be implemented on UPS Worldwide Express®(1), UPS Worldwide Express Freight®(2) and UPS Worldwide Expedited® shipments (3) originating from China Mainland and Hong Kong SAR to the Europe (4),U.S and America(5) regions.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd APC-Logistics will “implement a temporary pass-through airline surcharge.” Check their site for additional info at https://www.apc-pli.com/
- Due to restrictions imposed by governments and/or carriers due to the COVID-19 outbreak, APC is advising not to send parcels to a this list of countries: https://www.apc-pli.com/service-alert.html
Support Your Fellow Brands
- Roller Rabbit – 30% off at rollerrabbit.com using code F&F30.
- Zadig & Voltaire – Up to 30% off items when code CARE30 is used at www.zadig-et-voltaire.com. 10% of sales will be donated to The Red Cross when the code is used at checkout.
- Dormify- Get 25% off sitewide at dormify.com with code COZYUP.
- Elemis- enjoy a free gift with purchases over $30 at elemis.com/us.
- Homesick Candles – Free Shipping + Save 10%, We Donate 10% to Vulnerable Communities w/ Code TOGETHER at homesick.com.
- Adika – Take 40% – 80% off everything + free shipping for US orders over $25 at adika.com
Hours of Operation
- During the week of March 23, the shifts will operate from 8AM through 4:30PM.
Thank you for continuing as a valued Dotcom Distribution partner brand. Stay safe and healthy.