As of Tuesday, 17 March, the Dotcom Distribution facility remains open and operating across multiple shifts. Our teams remain active, well staffed, and continue to receive product and fulfill B2C and B2B orders despite school closings, curtailed business hours, and state and town-specific curfews. Barring any unforeseen changes, we anticipate our operations will continue in this manner tomorrow, 18 March.
Response to statewide curfews
- In order to accommodate our teams within the statewide curfew mandated to start today without reducing output, the second shift start time has been moved up to 10 AM and will now conclude operations by 6:30 PM daily.
- Dotcom will continue to work towards SLA, focusing on clearing aging that might result from changes to the operations schedule and to staffing.
We need your help with forecasts
- Please communicate changes to your forecast directly with your Dotcom Program Manager.
- Reforecasting will help to ensure that we can manage labor demands, minimize disruption to your business, and also reduce potential exposure to the virus within our facility.
- Amazon will soon hire 100,000 workers at a steeply increased hourly rate to keep up with increased eCommerce demand.
- Dotcom is closely monitoring this Amazon announcement to better understand and manage to any impact this may have on our partners and our operations.
- If you are considering the possibility of holding some of your product in your location as a contingency, please contact your PM to arrange an inventory transfer.
- We are continuing to monitor all carriers for any additional changes to their services, pickup times, and destination restrictions during this very fluid period.
- We have arranged with each carrier to schedule their pickup according to our facility schedule.
We will continue to provide updates when available and guidance when necessary. As always, thank you for being a valued Dotcom Distribution partner brand. Stay safe and healthy.