We understand that the impact on business operations resulting from the progression of the Coronavirus is top of mind for all of our partners. As information and guidance continues to develop, we are closely monitoring and following the recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as other international, federal, and state authorities.
As mentioned in our last communication about Dotcom’s response to the virus, we have enforced existing virus prevention standards and are taking several new steps to reduce risk, including:
- Increasing our normal cleaning and disinfecting routines to make sure workplaces are hygienic,
- Supplying wipes and disinfectant spray in additional areas throughout the facility,
- Wiping down devices including tablets, keyboards, radios, RF scanners, etc. at the end of each shift,
- Working closely with our vendors to ensure that they are properly monitoring their employees for illness,
- Appointing managers in each area to assist with communications to and from Dotcom’s Human Resources Department,
- Displaying additional signage regarding best hygiene practices,
- Testing our emergency call system.
At present, Dotcom Distribution’s facility is fully open and operational. Our current planning supports normal receiving and pick/pack operation schedules, across all channels. Dotcom’s production department also remains fully staffed and operational.
Dotcom management is exploring opportunities to extend our second shift and provide associates with more flexible work schedules should they be impacted by school closings and child care challenges. We are also working with state authorities to determine the recommended course of action should someone at Dotcom become infected to limit the impact and any disruption in service.
As you are aware, this is a rapidly developing situation with many of the recommendations changing daily. Rest assured that we will continue to be diligent in our approach and do everything within our power to continue operating on your behalf. Should we need to adjust any schedules or facility policies in response to the virus, we will immediately communicate changes to you and our partner community.
With quick communication in mind, if someone in your organization wishes to be included in this distribution, please share their email address with your Dotcom Program Manager.
As we’re sharing our latest updates with you, we hope you will share your updates with us. We are currently seeing decreased demand across all of our clients- if your business is being affected by COVID-19, or if you anticipate your business being affected, we ask that you please provide us with revisions to your forecasts.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you as we continue to focus on providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff and our partners.