For many eCommerce and retail brands, order fulfillment and shipping quality control are an afterthought of the product distribution process. Most companies are concerned with finding customers, making sales and driving profits – and they let fulfillment performance slip through the cracks.
But to be truly successful as an eCommerce brand, paying attention to the quality of your fulfillment and shipping process is equally as important as identifying your buyers and selling your merchandise.
4 Questions Brands Need to Ask for Better Shipping Quality Control
No matter the size of your eCommerce brand, leveraging a third-party logistics (3PL) distribution provider is beneficial for your business. But keeping track of your 3PL partner’s distribution center and shipping performance keeps you ahead of issues that might lead to negative brand perception and a loss of customer base.
Before you choose a fulfillment partner, ask yourself four questions that can lead to better shipping quality control:
- Does the Fulfillment Provider Leverage Reporting and Performance Metrics? Fulfillment providers should track performance metrics like on-time delivery records and the number of warehouse personnel used in the facilities. In addition, it’s important to know the procedures and system your fulfillment partner has in place, and how they evaluate their own performance.
- Does the 3PL Provider Offer Optimized Shipping Speeds? Consumers want their products delivered in the same manner they were ordered – fast and convenient. For top shipping quality, your fulfillment partner should have warehouse facilities that enable shipping speeds of at least 1-3 days for the majority of the U.S., as well as same-day shipping in some instances.
- Does the Fulfillment Provider Develop Premium Packaging for Products? It’s important to ensure that products ordered are branded and packaged appropriately. Since packages represent your brand to the consumer, you want to make sure shipments arrive as described and on time.
- How Does the 3PL Partner Manage Inventory? Bad inventory management can lead to shipping delays, inaccurate orders and most of all, unhappy customers. Constant visibility into inventory is an important part of shipping quality control, and mitigates the risks of inaccurate order fulfillment and slow shipping times.
Better Shipping Quality Control with Dotcom Distribution
Dotcom Distribution is an eCommerce logistics provider with technology and warehouse processes that ensure top shipping and distribution quality. We provide the resources to help online retailers and eCommerce brands deliver products to consumers in a fast, reliable and accurate manner. This is accomplished through:
- A strategically-located fulfillment center that allows for average shipping speeds of 1-3 days via ground service to 75 percent of the U.S.
- Warehouse performance monitoring with detailed reporting that provides in-depth insights on things like order status, throughput, quality and supplier performance analytics.
- In-warehouse managers that oversee all fulfillment and shipping processes.
To learn more about better shipping quality control with Dotcom Distribution, contact ustoday.